Jun 21, 2006

4 Hours of Hugs and Trust-Falls

Hey everybody, I'm out here sailing on the seas of high finance. Well, for the first 30 minutes anyway. After that I have to attend a "team-building" session with our trainer and manager. I'm afraid it's going to be 4 hours of hugs and trust-falls. I'll let you know when I get back.

Update: Okay, so the training wasn't unbearable. No trust falls, no hugs. I do, however, now know the favorite colors and foods of 4 random co-workers!

We also got to watch this cartoon that had to be at least 30 years old. It was pretty funny...you know, those old 70s cartoons where the drawings are real simplified, the backgrouds are wacky and the people are colored the same color all over? I knew it was from the early 70s because the new employee at the factory was this hippie guy with long hair, a goatee and dark sunglasses. He was orange. The plot was pretty funny...it was about this bumbling manager (who was blue) that smoked cigars incessantly and was real short with everybody. They asked for his help on all kinds of things, and instead of explaining, he would just do the job himself. Finally, the day he spent in the commissary complaining about his crappy employees was the day that their production increased dramatically. The manager ended up getting all the glory and thought it was his efforts that made the difference. Classic!

No comments: