Jan 11, 2007

2006 College Bowl Mania Results

During the bowl season, I participated in ESPN's College Bowl Mania, at ESPN.com. It's a contest where you pick the winners of all 32 bowl games and assign a unique confidence level of 1-32 for all of the games.
I finished with a 24-8 record! Not too shabby. I finished 3,242 out of about 200,000. That put me in the top 98.3%. In my group, I finished 4th.
The best part was the participation in my group, "FSU Seminoles". In the ESPN College Pick'Em, Angela and I create a group for ourselves, and allow others to join if they want. We usually get about 5 or 6 other people. This time, I found out about the game right when it started, so I was one of the first people to create a group. I named it "FSU Seminoles" and gave us the motto "looking forward to 2007." Would you believe 139 people joined the group? It was a lot of fun! I would have finished at #1 in the group if Ohio State would have beaten Florida in the National Championship. I put all 32 points on the Buckeyes, and you know how that turned out...oh well. We talked smack on the bulletin board (there were some Miami fans in the group...go figure) and the leaderboard was helpful to gauge your position against others.
I definitely plan on hosting a group again next year. Maybe the motto will be "Seminoles finish season at #1". Hey, I can dream, can't I?

No comments: