Jul 29, 2008

File Under: Dude, Seriously?!?!

Sometimes, life is stranger than fiction. MAD Kids recently published a piece titled "Least Popular Wii Games", and it cracked me up.


Then, I heard a rumor--or, what I thought was a rumor because it was so ridiculous--that there was a game called Wii Extreme Eating. I mean, c'mon...really? That's freakin' disgusting!

Well, I am happy to report that there is no such game. Why? Because it's called Wii Major League Eating instead!


The game makes "extensive" use of the Wii Remote to "simulate a variety of eating techniques including the cram, toss, and 'typewriter.' Burp-offs and Hot Potato challenges during the contests keep the competition intense and eaters on their toes." [OMG, are you kidding me?!?!]

It will play "like a fighting game," requiring players to "master a smorgasbord of offensive and defensive weapons including bites, burps, belches, mustard gas and jalapeƱo flames while cramming and chewing food at a world-class pace." [WTF?!?! This just gets worse and worse!]

And apparently, there’s also a “Barf-o-Meter” that you have to keep your eye on. If it fills up you...um...well...you lose.

Man, talk about scraping the bottom of the creativity bucket. I guess this game is popular with the same demographic that enjoys booger candy and fart spray.

No comments: